Welcome! In the mood for some addictive fiction? Feel free to browse, read excerpts, or contact me with questions. The best part of being an author is "meeting" my readers, so don't hesitate to reach out to me at author at lazarbooks.com.
Love to listen to books? You can listen to samples of all Aaron's books on Audible.com.
THE ASYLUM: a Carmen Garcia romantic suspense (based on characters in Devil's Spring!) Now available in the boxed set, Love Under Fire!
Carmen has a secret, and his name is Dr. Micah Worthy.
permitted between staff members at St. Michael’s Asylum, but Carmen and her
handsome young psychiatrist find a way to sneak in a kiss or two in empty
storerooms when no one’s looking. It doesn’t take long for her suspicions to
rise, however, as she gets to know some of the patients. Why are some kept
locked in their rooms, doped to the gills? And where are the two-dozen patients
whose names appear on the med lists, but whom she’s never met?
Moreover, what’s so forbidden about the ancient passages snaking beneath the two-hundred-year old monastery?
Something’s off in the asylum, and when nothing seems to add up, Carmen and Micah unite to uncover the truth.
When staff members learn she’s on to them, the threats begin. Can Carmen report her findings before she ends up in the icy Atlantic?
Set on the rugged Maine coast in the dead of winter, The Asylum is an intriguing story of romance and danger, filled with characters you’ll love and breathless action that’ll keep you up way past your bedtime.
"Aaron Paul Lazar is at the top of his game" - D.G. Torrens
"I hope this series goes on for years! Compelling, transcending, poetic and addictive. Please keep writing Mr. Lazar. You leave us hungry for more!" - Janie Adams, reader
"I love Aaron Lazar's books! His style is home-spun background that continues to flow while readers are tossed into tragedy, terror and some of the best mysteries you will find!?" - Glenda Bixler, literary critic
"Aaron's stories that are full of humanity, love, and heartache that is both bitter and sweet always find a way to bring me to tears. When a story does this, you know that the author understands what he has written and gladly accepts the responsibility for what fate brings the characters, but also how it affects the reader. Only the best writers truly know how to do this. - Debra Curtiss
"Don't Let the Wind Catch You is geared for the sophisticated child within us." Clarissa Simmens
"A truly beautiful coming of age story...Lazar also throws in a lesson to the reader as he takes an issue that is prevalent in today's society and deals with it in a sensitive way through the eyes of a young boy whose innocence has not yet been tainted by the prejudices of our world today." - Cindy Taylor, allbooksreviewsint.com
"Rarely has an author given us such insight into a single character through a book series... It's clear that Lazar has come to know and love his characters and every time he revisits them, he brings out new nuances and depths, so that returning to a Gus Lazar mystery is like meeting an old friend once again." - Magdalena Ball CompulsiveReader.com
Essentially Yours audio book: "Lazar incorporates his love of family and nature and even pulls a little supernatural experience into the story in a smooth style that can only be accomplished by a master writer. The tone of the story varies from intense action to coffee-spewing funny to sweet and weaves back and forth between these without noticeable segues." - Maria L.
For Keeps: "Lazar is a gifted storyteller that he does with words what a painter does with paint...the pages are his canvas. He illustrates such vivid images with his words that we can smell his flowers, taste his vegetables, feel the sand beneath our feet and most importantly feel the love he has for his family and friends that we end up rooting for Dr. Moore on his quest for justice and saving those he holds dear. " - The Kindle Book Review
"Healey's Cave was my favorite in tugging at my heart strings, then Terror Comes Knocking for edge of your seat adventure. I don't know how many times I've said, 'Get up Sam, come on, you can do it!' in my head, or held my breath (horse jumping scene) while I read. He's so likeable because he's, well, more of a human hero. There are enough Alex Cross' out there, which I love, but Sam makes you feel like 'real' people can be heroes too. (plus, Aaron's descriptions of the surroundings are unmatched by anything I've read, period.)" - Laura Jenkins
- Winner Best Indie Book Award 2016, Romance category
- 2015 Finalist Readers Favorites Awards
- 2015 Semi-finalist in Kindle Book Review Awards
- 2015 Semi-finalist in Kindle Book Review Awards
- 2014 Best Beach Book Festival WINNER, Romance category
- 2013 ForeWord Book Awards, Romance, FINALIST
- 2012 ForeWord BOTYA, Mystery, FINALIST
Tremolo: cry of the loon
- 2013 Eric Hoffer Book Awards: Grand Prize Short List
- 2013 Eric Hoffer Book Awards: Honorable Mention, Eric Hoffer Legacy Fiction
- 2011 Global eBook Award Finalist in Historical Fiction Contemporary
- 2011 Preditors & Editors Readers Choice Award 2nd place Mystery
- 2008 Yolanda Renée's Top Ten Books
- 2008 MYSHELF Top Ten Reads
For the Birds
- 2011 ForeWord Book Awards, FINALIST in Mystery
- 2012 Carolyn Howard-Johnson's Top 10 Reads
- 2013 EPIC Book Awards, FINALIST in Suspense
- 2013 Eric Hoffer Da Vinci Eye Award Finalist
The Disappearance of Billy Moore (formerly titled Healey's Cave)
- 2012 EPIC Book Awards WINNER Best Paranormal
- 2011 Eric Hoffer Book Award, WINNER Best Book in Commercial Fiction
- 2011 Finalist for Allbooks Review Editor's Choice
- 2011 Winner of Carolyn Howard Johnson's 9th Annual Noble (not Nobel!) Prize for Literature
- 2011 Finalists for Global EBook Awards
Terror Comes Knocking
- 2013 Global Ebook Awards, Paranormal Bronze
- 2013 Semi Finalist in Kindle Book Review Book Awards, Mystery Category
Spirit Me Away
- 2014 AuthorsdB book cover contest, Silver medal.
Under the Ice
- 2015 AuthorsdB Bronze Cover Award